I’m doing an update/monthly review this week instead of posting a Friday Short Story. I am working on one, and it’s going to be longer than past ones.
The One and the Other Volume One Progress
I finished revisions for Episodes 3 and 4, which (along with Ep. 8) needed the most revision. I’m so happy to have them under my belt. Looking forward, I don’t think that Episode 5 will require as much revision as I initially thought, and I’m on track to meet my deadline of May 25th. If things keep going the way they are, I might even finished before then. Fingers crossed.
Episode 4 was difficult because I had to delete several scenes and write new ones since I changed the direction of the main episodic plot-line. I also focused on developing my least developed main character and I’m glad to say that she’s much more fleshed out now.
Search Engine History for Writing Research
- How long does it take for second degree burns to heal?
- How painful is it to be cut with a knife?
- How much sunlight do flowers need?
- Do thermal cameras work in storms?
- Slitting wrists as a form of suicidal suggestion?
- Coagulated Blood – Google Images
I’m not into recreational pain, I swear–I’m just cruel to my characters.
Rejection Letter Count
4 (I received two back-to-back Wednesday. It just feels great *dies a little inside*)
Creative Writing Workshop
The creative writing workshop I’m a part of has just started meeting for the semester, and I predict that it’s going to be another fun, productive semester. There’s some great new faces and new ideas and new prompt ideas (which might inspire more Friday Short Stories :)).
Some goals I have for February are:
1. To release a poetry treat for ya’ll soon 😉
2. Finish revisions for Episode 5 (and possibly 6 – we’ll see how it goes).
3. Submit an excerpt of The One and the Other Volume One to Swords & Sonnets Anthology. The anthology is looking to publish fantasy, sci-fi, or horror short stories about “a woman or non-binary battle poet as a main character”. Considering my novel incorporates sonnets into the narrative and stars a female character, I think an excerpt from my novel would be perfect for them. Let’s hope they think so too. Their website is http://www.swordsonnet.com/.
4. Perform 2 of my poems for an Open Mic Night February 12. I still hate this idea, but I need to get over my fear and do it.
How has the start of your year been so far? What are looking forward to in February or the rest of the year?