Revisions for Episode Three Finished!

Revisions for Episode Three Finished!

For those of you who don’t know, I’m currently revising my first book, which is divided into 10 episodes. This weekend, I finished the revisions for Episode Three! Only seven more to go!

As I was revising Ep. 3, I also reached 100K words for the entire manuscript. It’s an incredible feeling! I’m so happy. Right now, it’s sitting at 101,945 words.writing

Ep. 3 itself ballooned word count-wise. It went from 9,626 to 15,326 words. Then, I edited out frivolous words, cutting 771 words, so the total words for Ep. 3 is 14,555 for a net gain of 4,929 words. This is my longest episode by 1K words. Eps. 1 and 2 are 12,569 and 13,238 respectively.

Ep. 3 required the most revision out of the three. I wrote new scenes, cut out scenes, and rewrote old ones. It’s the beginning of my problem area/trilogy of Eps. 3-5, which needs the most work. I’m moving on to Ep. 4 and it’s just a mess plot-wise. I’m taking the main-plot of the episode into a new direction, and I’m moving plot elements from Ep. 5 into this episode while also writing new elements. I predict this episode will the hardest to revise, but I’m excited to take up the challenge.